- Skills Learned
- Identify factors that can affect costs (resource types, services, locations, ingress and egress traffic)
- Study Guide
- Expand your knowledge - extra resources
Cost Affecting Factors
- Base Cost
- Resource Types – All Azure services (resources) have resource-specific pricing models. Typically consisting of one or more metrics.
- Services – Azure specific offers (Enterprise, Web Direct, CSP, etc.) have different cost and billing components like prepaids, billing cycles, - discounts, etc.
- Location – running Azure services vary between Azure regions
- Bandwidth – network traffic when uploading (inbound/ingress) data to Azure or downloading (outbound/egress) from Azure
- Reserved Instances
- Hybrid Benefits