- Describe what is Cloud Computing
- Describe terms such as High Availability, Scalability, Elasticity, Agility, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recovery
Service delivery model over the internet (cloud). This includes but is not limited to
- compute power meaning servers such as windows, linux, hosting environments, etc.
- storage like files and/or databases
- networking in azure but also outside when connecting to your company network
- analytics services for visualization and telemetry data
- scalability is the ability to scale, so allocate and deallocate resources at any time
- elasticity is the ability to scale dynamically
- agility is the ability to react fast (scale quickly)
- fault tolerance is the ability to maintain system uptime while physical and service component failures happen
- disaster recovery is the process and design principle which allows a system to recovers from natural or human induced disasters
- high availability is the agreed level of operational uptime for the system. It is a simple calculation of system uptime versus whole lifetime of the system.
- availability = uptime/(uptime + downtime)