- Skills Learned
- Describe DevOps solutions available on Azure such as Azure DevOps and Azure DevTest Labs
- Study Guide
- Expand your knowledge - extra resources
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a set of practices that combine both development (Dev) and operations (Ops).
DevOps aims to shorten the development life cycle by providing continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) capabilities while ensuring high quality of deliverables.
- Collection of services for building solutions using DevOps practices
- Services included
- Boards – tracking work
- Pipelines – building CI/CD workflows (build, test and deploy apps)
- Repos – code collaboration and versioning with Git
- Test Plans – manual and exploratory testing
- Artifacts – manage project deliverables
- Extensible with Marketplace – over 1000 of available apps
- Evolved from TFS (Team Foundation Server), through VSTS (Visual Studio Team Services)
Azure DevTest Labs
- Service for creation of sandbox environments for developers/testers (PaaS)
- Quick setup of self-managed virtual machines
- Preconfigured templates for VMs
- Plenty of additional artifacts (tools, apps, custom actions)
- Lab policies (quotas, sizes, auto-shutdowns)
- Share and automate labs via custom images
- Premade plugins/API/tools for CI/CD pipeline automation